Are you getting antsy for summer travels? I know my household is! There’s nothing like a good family car ride. Today I get to offer you a No Sew Pluto Travel Pillow Tutorial.
Aren’t these adorable? Disney Family has a really easy tutorial to make these kids travel pillows, including a printable template!
Supplies you’ll need:
*Pluto Travel Pillow template (see below)
* Straight pins for pinning the template piece to the fabric
* Golden yellow fleece, 1/3 yard
* Black fleece (1/4 yard) or black felt (1 sheet)
* Sticky-back felt (one sheet each of white, black, and green)
* Permanent fabric adhesive (Aleene’s Fabric Fusion works well)
* Pressing cloth (or piece of cotton cloth)
* Polyester fiberfill
* Wooden spoon
1. Print the template and cut out the pieces. Tape the top and bottom head pieces together, as shown, overlapping them by 1/2 inch. Now use the template pieces to cut out all the shapes in the specified colors of fleece and felt.
2. Press the felt face piece firmly onto one of the fleece head pieces. Then press the eyes and nose in place.
3. Cut out a sticky-back black felt grin line that is roughly the width of the nose and firmly press it onto the fleece just above the neck.
4. Use fabric adhesive to attach the tops of the ears to the sides of the second fleece head, as shown. Set the adhesive as instructed by the manufacturer.
5. Now apply a line of adhesive 3/8-inch in from the edge of the same head piece you attached the ears to. Go all the way around the head and over the ear tops, leaving only the bottom edge of the neck unglued. This will provide an opening for stuffing the pillow.
6. Again, set the adhesive as instructed by the manufacturer.
7. Stuff the pillow with fiberfill, using the handle of the wooden spoon to push the polyester into the curves.
8. Glue the bottom of the neck closed and set the adhesive.
9. Finally, peel the backing off the collar piece and fold it in half, sandwiching the neck between it.