I saw this craft idea at Infarrantly Creative and decided to adapt it for myself! For a more detailed tutorial for making a tear off shopping list on a magnetic pad, visit Infarrantly Creative. For this next part of this post, I need to start with an apology. I did this craft during my lunch break at work and did not have my camera with me. All I had was my cell phone, therefore the pictures are PATHETIC. However, you get the point. One thing I did differently than the tutorial on Infarrantly Creative, was the I used a “brad” rather than two screws. I also downloaded her shopping list and then tweaked it to fit our family’s staples. I also don’t have any pretty scrapbook paper with me so mine will stay white until I get home. Here is my version of the Shopping List Magnetic Pad.
- I printed my shopping list, and cut the paper in half.
- Hole punched it in the middle
- Took scrap cardboard and cut the width to size, and then length to fit around the pad. I marked where it needed to fold and then used scissors (closed) to press down and “score” it along my designated fold line.
- I punched a hole only on the front side of the cardboard, and secured the “brad” (so the backside does not have the brad going through, the brad hides under the cardboard “jacket”5. I cut another scrap piece of cardboard to the width and length of my shopping list print outs and glued the top of it to the back under side of the top “jacket” with Elmer’s glue then secured it with bull clips so the glue would dry tight.
6. I cut a strip of adhesive magnet strips to fit the back of the pad. Even though the magnet had one side adhesive, I used Elmer’s glue with the adhesive and stuck it to the back side of my pad, one at the top one at the bottom. And clipped bull clips on it to secure the glue tightly until it dried.
7. Next (when i get home) i’ll get out my cute paper and either mod podge or glue it to my pad jacket to make it decorative instead of plain white.
I made two of these at work because when I finished mine, my co-worker saw it and wanted it too. She wants to keep her’s white though.
I have attached my version of the shopping list in case you’d like to use what I’ve got, but it’s also very adaptable to fit your shopping usuals: